Sunday, June 11, 2017

Yai Restaurant - Los Angeles, CA


Work crew wanted Thai food for lunch, I figured if we want Thai food, we should hit up Thai town in Hollywood. Yai's was on the outskirts of Thai town and that was where we went.




The restaurant was somewhat small but still comfortable. There were the typical Thai sauces on the table and a big menu to go through.



I ordered boat noodle soup while the crew got chicken pad see ew and #2 lunch special with chicken+shrimp, chilli, basil, garlic on rice.






Pad see ew was pretty average. The sauce was spot on but nothing more to rave about. Lunch special #2 had a killer sauce and it went really well with rice. It was super tasty.



My boat noodle soup was the best boat noodle soup I had so far in life. I ordered it with medium spicy and it had a really deep flavor in the broth. The beef had some really chewy parts that I had to give up from eating them, but everything else was excellent. It was very satisfying and highly suggested.


The service was not a big thing here but they came to the table when I waved. I really didn't like it was cash only because Thai food are usually priced higher than the cash only Chinese spots. Good thing there was a 7-11 next door if cash is needed. I was still happy that I found this place though.

2 comments: