Thursday, June 8, 2017

Upstairs Bar at the Ace Hotel - Los Angeles, CA


I was craving for oysters and after massive searching on the Internet in downtown LA, I found this amazing $1 oyster deal that runs from Monday to Friday between 12-5:30 pm at Upstairs Bar at Ace hotel. Hells yeah, I dragged work wife 2 with me to get some "appetizer" before lunch.



I gotta say, if it's your first time, you may run into the same issue as me by going through the hotel door and be completely lost. The correct door to the bar is on the Broadway side with a sign next to the door says "Upstairs". Once you go in, go straight to the back for the elevator and you are in business.

The view outside of the elevator

When we walked out of the elevator at the "R" floor, we were greeted by cozy seats and downtown view. It was soothing and actually enjoyable up there. There were lounge area and a pool, but it was warm out so we decided to sit inside at the bar where AC existed.




We both ordered a dozen oysters each. They also had other snacks but really, just go for the oysters and life would be fine.




The oysters came to the table in a reasonable time. Usually I am not a big fan of adding sauces to the oysters, but man oh man, the sauce was DELICIOUS. The oysters were fresh and had a really good flavor even without the sauce. This is actually very dangerous because it is so close to work and I really liked it.



Overall I love the oysters, the atmosphere, and the service. Our bartender Bryan was friendly and knowledgeable. We had a great chat on food spots in the area. I can see myself coming back often.

No comments:

Post a Comment