Monday, June 26, 2017

OC & Lau Restaurant - Garden Grove, CA


Our friend was having a birthday celebration and she picked this place. This would be the first time for me trying all out Vietnamese seafood and I was so sooooo excited.



Apparently this place was well known and super popular. For a group of 7, the wait was close to an hour and the lines never ended. The menu was huge with mostly shellfish, so if you actually want to have fish, this might not be the best place.



Since we were in a group, I wasn't too picky on what to order so I just let the birthday girl pick. I found out they were known for their hot pot so we got those too.



I was actually surprised to see they didn't serve any alcohols, especially with the food they served. However, they did make some killer drinks like passion fruit soda and strawberry lemonade.


Left: Strawberry lemonade    Right: Passion fruit soda

We got variety of dishes and they were all very good. Fresh and tasty, totally met my expectations.

Steamed periwinkle escargot

Daily special: Live prawns

Dipping sauce for the prawns

Grilled razor clams with buttered green onions

Coconut swirly escargot with basil leaves

Grilled scallops with fish eggs

Razor clams with peppercorn

Scallop sashimi

House special lobster with noodles

Seasoned crab

Thai seafood hotpot

Thai seafood hotpot

Thai seafood hotpot

Thai seafood hotpot

Thai seafood hotpot

Conch with onion salad

Chilean sea bass hotpot

Chilean sea bass hotpot

Chilean sea bass hotpot
 
Taro dessert thang

My favorite was the grilled bloody clams with buttered green onions. Ever since I tried blood clams, I would always order it when available. I just couldn't get enough of that unique taste blood clam offers, especially in Vietnamese style.

Grilled bloody clams with buttered green onions

My least favorite was the grilled scallop with cheese. Don't get me wrong, friends loved it, but it was my least favorite because the cheese pretty much destroy the texture of the scallop and butchered the flavor at the same time.

Grilled scallop with cheese

Overall, the service was a little spotty but still attentive when needing anything at the table. Food was cooked well and tasted fantastic. Even though the wait time was long, I think it is still worth a return trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment