Friday, June 2, 2017

Pho Eastern - Los Angeles, CA


I was in the area and in need to get some food. There were plenty of Mexican food around but I already had a heavy meal the day before so I was looking for something light. Pho Eastern came to mind.



I went in during non-peak hours and it was empty inside. The owner was quick and friendly. I ordered pho beef special (mixed).



Pho came out fairly fast. The broth wasn't horrible, and it definitely had more radish taste than beef, almost like a vegetable based broth. Unfortunately, the radish taste went away after putting the veggies and lime into the broth. The meat was on the fatty side and kind of chewy, but meatball was good. There were also plenty of noodles in the bowl and msg was detected because my mouth was pretty dry after.


When I finished my bowl, I was offered to add more noodles with no extra charge. Woah, that was pretty cool and unexpected. I was full so I didn't take the offer, but thank you. Overall, it served the light meal purpose, but not really worth the drive unless you live in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment