Saturday, June 10, 2017

Even Life - Rowland Heights, CA


Slave girl and I were in my hood and we wanted something for dinner. We saw this new place for beef noodle soup. I am always up for the new challenge so we went to try the place.


When we got there, I realized I have been to this restaurant before under a different name. It used to be a Chinese ramen place and the ramen was, different. Now, the restaurant is called Even Life and focusing on beef noodle soup instead. They still have that ramen on the menu though.

I ordered half tendon half beef noodle soup. We also got grilled squid and popcorn chicken.

The beef noodle was solid. It had decent beef flavor and the meat was tender but yet still a little chewy to give that texture satisfaction. Highly recommended. The server also brought us the pickled veggie for the noodle soup. It was salty and worked well with the noodles since the noodle soup had a mild taste.



Grilled squid was not really grilled and it was soaked in a weird tasting sauce. I couldn't decide if I like the sauce or not, probably not at this point. Probablly won't order again.


Popcorn chicken was deep fried well but also had weird seasoning. It was really sweet and lacking on the salt pepper shack that I was looking for. Hell, it didn't even have the spicy powder. That won't be ordered again either.


The service was great. They checked on us and even refilled our water without being asked. The restaurant has a outside patio area and we'll decorated. If you don't mind the Colima traffic and the hot weather, it's actually pretty nice sitting outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment