Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Figueroa Philly - Los Angeles, CA


I was craving cheesesteak badly for lunch but I didn't want to drive to Korean town for it. After searching around, I found one that seemed promising and it was only 8 minutes drive from work.



Philly treats!


I was in the mood for mushroom so I ordered steak mushroom and cheese.



With the cheesesteak, it was actually tasty, greasy, all around solid; but sadly it didn't hit the spot. Jalapeño nacho cheese was just jalapeño flavored cheese while I expected to see actual sliced pickle jalapeños with the running cheese.

Not much mushrooms...


The sandwich was in good size but I didn't like how it was served, especially for dine in. What I am used to was a foil wrap and they usually cut the sandwich in half before it is wrapped. Over here it was wrapped with some heavy duty paper and the sandwich was cut in half with the paper wrap. The issue was the paper wrap not being cut thoroughly so I struggled big time trying to get the sandwich out of the paper wrap. I know it wasn't a big deal and most people probably wouldn't even take the paper off, but I do. A lot of cheese was wasted (stuck on paper wrap) and it made the lunch extra messy.


Overall speaking, I liked the food and the service. I was really happy they got the bread right. I believe the guy behind the counter was the owner and he was really friendly through out the entire time I was there. If you have the cheesesteak craving, stop by for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment