Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Café Santorini - Pasadena, CA


I was meeting my good friend who doesn't eat a lot of meat and doesn't eat very spicy for dinner. I thought this place had a balanced menu and looked safe, so I made a reservation and we were ready to go.




The restaurant had indoor and outdoor seats. I wonder if I was able to make the reservation seating outside if I have asked. The restaurant ambiance was fun and lively, our waiter Michael was fast and friendly with a great sense of humor.


Room for private party

We ordered the grilled calamari to start. I got the day special, surf and turf. Slave girl got cioppino with linguine, and friend ordered mozzarella caprese and a lobster tail.



Pearity, delicious

Warm bread

I must say, the grilled calamari was not good at all. It was covered in a sauce that wasn't very tasty and under seasoned. If they put just a little bit more salt, that calamari would shine. Well, it didn't... I would avoid ordering this in the future.

Grilled calamari

I don't know much about the mozzarella caprese, but friend said it was good.

Mozzarella caprese

Cioppino was also very different. I thought cioppino was supposed to be a seafood stew, but what we got barely had any sauce in it. It tasted light and compared it to my favorite cioppino spot in San Francisco, the dish here was way less desirable.

Cioppino with linguine

Surf and turf was excellent. The steak was cooked correctly to medium rare and lobster wasn't overcooked. Bold flavor and very enjoyable. Too bad it wasn't on the menu as a regular item.

Double lobster tail like a boss


Medium rare

Overall I love the service here. Food and drinks were good, but appetizer was meh. Good dating spot and make sure to make a reservation since they do get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment