Monday, June 5, 2017

Eggslut - Los Angeles, CA


When slave girl asked me to meet and have lunch at Grand Central Market, I had no desire to eat at Eggslut due to all the horror stories I heard about the wait time and the line, etc. Since slave girl was late, I figured why not stood in line since I was waiting anyway.



Well, I don't know about everyone else, but my butt was at the register within 15 minutes. Slave girl almost didn't make it because she didn't expect that either. Shoot. Where was the powerball vendor when you needed one?


Sous vide egg!

We ordered a slut (needed by slave girl), fairfax sandwich, and bacon, egg, cheese sandwich. I know i know, who the hell orders 3 items with only 2 people? Well, fatty who doesn't like to wait in line did.


Our favorite was the slut, shocking right? I have always like food made with sous vide, this egg in a jar with potato puree was no different. I like the flavor and the texture, but I totally disagree to see only 3 little baguettes came with the order. For $9 an order, I believe I was entitled to have at least 5 baguettes, just saying.


Both sandwiches were tasty. Eggs were cooked perfectly. Matter of fact, maybe a little too perfect. The scramble eggs were fluffy in fairfax and that made the sandwich hollow. You will be guaranteed hungry after you are done eating it. Bacon, egg, cheese sandwich was a little better due to all the bacon inside, but will probably only last one hour longer than fairfax.

Fairfax

Fairfax inside

Bacon, egg, cheese

Bacon, egg, cheese inside

Overall food wasn't bad, but with the price point, I don't think I will be going back anytime soon. I highly recommend trying it at least once though.


No comments:

Post a Comment