Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Wexler’s Deli - Los Angeles, CA


I was at the Grand Central Market for lunch and after I was done eating, I still felt unsatisfied. That was when I ended up at Wexler's.


Open kitchen

I have seen Wexler's in different articles about their pastrami and corned beef. I was super excited to try some. The best part of this experience was no line at the counter. Well, that can be good or bad.

I couldn't stop looking at them bagels!

I ordered the OG, which had pastrami with a thin layer of mustard on rye. It also came with a pickle and a choice of potato salad or coleslaw. Potato salad was suggested to me.


I must say, I was a little disappointed with my sandwich. Pastrami had great flavor, but it was so dry to the point when adding more mustard actually improved my consumption rate. The potato salad was good. It was tasty and we think they added chopped celery roots to add more textures.


Overall I like how fast the service was and I enjoyed the potato salad. If you are trying to be full, this might not be the best place for you. At $13 a sandwich, I really wish the portion was bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment