Thursday, June 15, 2017

Shanghai Dumpling House - San Gabriel, CA


I was looking for random food spot to eat and decided to try this place. I only realized slave girl and I have been here after we parked. Old age, sigh...



I remember the last time we came, the soup dumpling (xau long bau, XLB, etc.) was really good and I was excited to order it again.


We ordered XLB, beef roll, Shanghai style chowmein, and stir fried vegetable.


XLB was tasty as last time. Each one of them was filled with juice and ready to pop in your mouth. Make sure to ask for ginger with it.


All the juice inside that little pouch!

Juice overflow 

Beef roll was actually tasty as well. Flavor was good but I wish they had more meat in it.


Chowmein was average, nothing special but good everyday eat. We ordered it for extra carb consumption.


The veggie was saucy. I didn't think the veggie needed all that greasy sauce but I guess that was what brought flavors to the dish. Felt oily though and will get the boiled one next time.


Overall the restaurant was solid. Food was better than average and definitely a good spot when we get that XLB cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment