Saturday, June 17, 2017

Bánh Xèo Quán - Rosemead, CA


Slave girl and I just recently found out a place near her that sells Vietnamese crepe (banh xeo), and apparently a famous food critic has visited here as well. With that food critic's reviews, I am usually half and half on agreeing with him but ultimately, I have to try it to make the judgment on my own.




The restaurant was remodeled but still seemed small. They accepted credit cards but minimum order was $15, or a $2 fee would be charged. WOAH! $2!! Was that for real? I also noticed the menu price was quite high.



We ordered #1, banh xeo with the standard stock, and #3, egg noodles with shrimp, pork, and oyster sauce.


The noodles got to the table first. It was fine but no special flavor or anything. It also came with a soup on the side which I believe was where most of the MSG from.


Tasty MSG water

Banh xeo was surprisingly good. I tired banh xeo at two different restaurants before and I wasn't all that impressed until this day. It was crunchy on the side and packed nicely in the center. The fish sauce wasn't just some supermarket product, it was customized made to compliment the banh xeo and it was tasty.


Veggies outside of the bag

Center of banh xeo

How you make it one bite...

Overall, yes, I would come back again for the banh xeo because it was that good. There was only one thing, I had no idea how people eat just that as a meal because my ass would go hunger strike after an hour. OK famous food critic, you were right about this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment