Thursday, June 29, 2017

Goshen Cuisine - Los Angeles, CA


I was meeting a friend for lunch at work and somehow it got expanded into a group crawl. The group wanted to try Goshen and since it was new to me, I had no objections.




At Goshen, they served poke bowls and sushi burritos. While you can ask some stuff to be removed or substituted for your poke bowl, it was not a full out "make your own" poke shop. Still, the menu description looked decent enough and appetizing.


This is a bit strange...

Yum garlic ponzu!

I was debating in between the bowl and the burrito. After some hard decision making, I went with a Goshen super bowl.


Self serve everything

Goshen super bowl had tuna, salmon, spicy fake crab, fish roe, romaine, seaweed salad, red onion, sweet corns, shredded seaweed, and sesame seeds. The fish were seasoned with garlic ponzu sauce and Goshen poke sauce (whatever that is) and they were tasty! I wasn't sure if the fish was pre marinated, but it sure tasted like it. I just wish it had less corn... or no corn at all.


As close to the real poke as it could be

Overall it was an enjoyable experience. The line moved quickly and staff were friendly. Poke bowl tasted decent and the restaurant was maintained well. A good spot for a quick lunch stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment