Monday, May 22, 2017

Wurstküche - Los Angeles, CA


I have heard about this place even before I moved to LA years ago for their famous gourmet exotic sausages. After a night out drinking, I finally got a chance to check this place out.



The ordering was all counter service and it was quick. I like how I had my beer in my hand before I even sat down. There was a glass case showcasing the sausages they sell. I wanted to try them all. Behind the counter was the grill, and it was cook to order so you bet the sausages we got was freshly grilled.



The seating area was behind the counter on the other side of the hallway. It was pretty dark and there was a bar in the back too so we didn't have to walk back and forth to the front counter to get a beer. They had many different kinds of mustards on the table for us to add flavors to our sausages, that was nice.



We ordered a Louisiana hot link, duck & bacon with jalapeños, and groot fries.



Louisiana hot link was made with beef, pork, onions and hot spices, then we topped it with caramelized onions and sweet peppers. It was good and spicy, a true spicy meat sausage.


Duck & bacon with jalapeños was succulent and packed with flavors. We decided to top it with caramelized onions and sauerkraut. It was juicy and tasty, we could actually taste the duck in the sausage. Very impressive.


For the fries, we asked to have curry ketchup and BBQ sauce on the side. Curry ketchup was delicious and it made the good fries even better.


Overall it was a good visit. The food was delicious, the beer selections were excellent, and the counter was friendly. Their price and the variety of the sausages totally beat the other Asian fusion sausage spot in the area. A good late night visit for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment