Thursday, May 25, 2017

Chicken N Roll - La Puente, CA


Slave girl and I were running errands in the morning and we really needed the calories to fuel up the energy. After searching around, we decided on Chicken N Roll. Chicken N Roll was a franchise of Donahoo that specialized in fried chicken in Pomona. We have been to Donahoo before and loved the chicken so we were pretty excited.


The restaurant was mainly for take out but there were two small tables for us to use. Luckily we were able to secure one to enjoy our food right away.



We ordered the chicken special which was 10 pieces legs and thighs for $11.99. We also got the gizzard with box meal.






I tried the chicken first. The chicken was solid, the dark meat was juicy and the skin was crunchy. We got two pieces of white meat and the skin was also fried well. The meat though, it had some juice in it but more on the dryer side. We actually got hooked up with some tenders so I got to try that as well. They used quality meat for the tenders but sadly it was also dry.



Not completed dry, solid

Chicken N Roll also provided awesome dipping sauces. On top of the regular ketchup and hot buffalo sauce, they also had BBQ, sweet chili, and chicken sauce. My favorite was the chicken sauce because it had an Asian twist to the taste.

Left to right: BBQ, sweet chili, and chicken sauce


The gizzard though, it was so bad. It was way over cooked so it was not crunchy nor juicy. Horrible texture and taste awful. I actually couldn't finish them and dumped them out.


Worst gizzard ever

Overall, I think I would love this place more if they fry their chicken upon ordering. I mean, the chicken we got was under the heat lamp and it was pretty good already, so can you imagine if it was freshly made? Personally I wouldn't mind to wait for the fresh batch even if it means longer wait time. Because let's be honest, if I wanted chicken under the heat lamp, why not just go to the deli in the supermarket? I would definitely ask for a fresh batch the next time I visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment