Monday, May 8, 2017

Comfort LA - Los Angeles, CA


I have been looking for a wing place near work for awhile and sadly failed at it until I came across Comfort LA. To ensure the quality of the wings, it was only natural for me to try it out before getting it delivered during lunch.




Slave girl and I came by on a week night after work. The area looked scary as hell after nightfall, the dark door of the restaurant did not help one bit. Everything got better once we were inside though.


The decoration of the restaurant was original and fun. The long tables definitely encouraged strangers become friends, especially with games laying around on the tables.


We wanted to try everything but we didn't want to break banks so for the maximum ordering effort, we got the Martin with 18 wings, and dinner special that came with 5 wings, 2 sides, and a cornbread.



The dinner special came first. For the sides, we ordered mean greens and mac n cheese. I got to say, the mean green had too much acid and I totally hated it. Someone might like it, but not me. Mac n cheese wasn't bad, but not mind blowing.


You know what's mind blowing? The sauce on the wings! Don't get me wrong, the wings were fried to crisp, but what made it standing out was definitely the sauce. It was too bad they didn't fully coat the wings and charging $1 for extra sauce. We got one without being charged, thank you!



Slave girl also got bread pudding at the end of the meal and she said it was just ok.


At $1 a wing, Comfort LA is not exactly cheap. However they serve organic food so it may be worth it. Even though the wings were good, I don't know if I can convince the price to work crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment