Sunday, May 21, 2017

California Fish Grill - Upland, CA


It was lunch date time with grandma again! She has mentioned she likes fish and rice. Hell, looks like California Fish Grill could be the best idea ever.



Everything here was self-serve. We ordered the food at the counter, fought for an empty table, grabbed some sauces at the sauce bar, waited for the food to be ready with a vibrator, then picked up the food ourselves from a different counter. It was basically a glorified fast food experience.


Wooo crafted soda

Decent selections



Must try them all

I got seabass (barramundi) and a clam chowder. Slave girl got breaded combo and we got grandma ono and a clam chowder.



Clam chowder wasn't good. Skip at all cost.


With my sea bass, I got it with chimichurri sauce and upgraded a side to brussels sprouts. It wasn't bad, but something seemed missing from my dish. I was not completely satisfied after I was done with the dish.


Now for grandma's ono, seasoned olive oil was used with rice and zucchini on the side. It sounded healthy but at the same time, there was no flavor whatsoever and I sensed the disappointment from grandma's eyes. Also, ono was very dry even though the menu used "flaky" to describe the meat texture, misleading was for real... Sorry grandma.


For the breaded combo, slave girl picked fish and shrimp with spicy garlic fries. The spicy part was just the red sauce that was squeezed on the fires and since it was spotty, not all the fries were spicy. There was no garlic flavor either. Her fish and shrimp was fried well, but sadly, after half of the plate was finished, we found a piece of hair stuck on one shrimp. I took the plate back to the counter and they offered a fresh new plate with no issues, that was nice.

Plate one

Hair fried in, not ours for sure

Plate two

All and all, I was just not impressed with the food we got. The counter service was friendly but price point was a bit high for the food received. I don't think I will plan a returning trip anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment