Friday, May 5, 2017

LP Coffee - Los Angeles, CA


Work bro wanted a smoothie for breakfast and mentioned LP Coffee. I have never even heard of them before and excited to see what they got to offer. It was a short walk for us and when we arrived, I was a little concerned because, talking about a hole in the wall...





To my surprise, it wasn't too bad at all inside. The seats were comfortably spaced and the TV was on with morning news. It had a good home vibe. It also helped when the owner, Jose, greeted us right when we walked in. Later I found out his wife Cindy, also works in the store.




After browsing through the menu, I was settled with number 11, tuna sandwich. Jose asked if I wanted jalapeño to go with my tuna. I actually have never had jalapeños in tuna sandwich before, yes please.


Well well, the sandwich was excellent! It was about 8 inches long and packed with plenty of tuna. I noticed there was spring mix in the sandwich on top of lettuce to give that extra fiber and nutrition. The jalapeños were pickled and mixed in with tuna, not just over the top like a Vietnamese sandwich. I was pretty glad it wasn't raw jalapeños because the acid made the tuna tasted so much better with a good kick.

Tuna

Pastrami

Half turkey, half ham

Seriously, what's not to like here? Super affordable price, friendly service and fresh ingredients. I heard the kitchen may be slower during lunch time, but free delivery is available. Goodbye Subway, hello LP~!

No comments:

Post a Comment