Sunday, May 7, 2017

Lola’s Baja Tacos - Granada Hills, CA


I was out at Granada Hills with work bros and they wanted cheap eats instead of Korean BBQ. Well, Lola's fish taco came to mind.




The restaurant was very cozy with lots of cute decorations. They also had a station making fresh guacamole but no table side service, that was a shame.


I had a yelp check in so I got a free chips and salsa. Since everyone wanted to try the guacamole, we got that too. Only at the end we realized it was charged at $7 per "market price". So being Asian and all, I started to do some math for fun. Chips and salsa was charged at $3 per order, but if you got chips, salsa and guacamole altogether, that was $8. So the best value would be just getting everything altogether. Who would just get guacamole by itself anyway without the chips? OK, enough of that. The chips was excellent since they seasoned the chips. We could see the salt and pepper on it and it was good on its own.



I ordered a fish taco, a shrimp taco, and steak quesadilla.



Fish taco and shrimp taco both came with Baja style. It was beautifully presented and the flavor was one of the best I've had. The fish was definitely better than the shrimp and I would highly recommend it.


The steak quesadilla was not as good sadly. It was so big I actually think it should be called pan fried steak taco. The meat was somewhat chewy and the chunk was quite big, it fell apart when I was trying to eat it. It was also really soggy on the bottom side of the quesadilla. That soggy taste totally ruined my appetite but luckily I ate it last so it didn't effect me as much, but that oil taste was lingered in my mouth for a long time. Not recommended.


The service was really good. Our waitress told us she was somewhat new and was very attentive, but she totally forgot to mention the special menu that could only be seen on the wall all the way in the back by the restroom. If it was your first time and you happened to sit facing the door, you would never know it existed without it being mentioned. I pointed it out to the waitress later and she appreciated it.

Special menu hidden on the wall in the back

Matter of fact, she felt bad for not mentioning it to us she took the guacamole off the check. Woah, that lady rocks. If you are in the area, definitely come in for some amazing fish tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment