Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Kingburg Kitchen - San Gabriel, CA


One night, I can't tell you why but I was craving a dumpling meal like crazy. I searched through slave girl's area over and after filtering out all the XLB and wonton places, I finally found something worthy.



Originally I really just wanted to order 30 dumplings and a hot and sour soup to split it with slave girl. After seeing the menu price, I realized I needed to put my crack pipe away and do some serious Asian math. What I wanted costs $26, then there was also this combo deal for only $8.25. You get 1 bowl of any noodles and 1 order of any dumplings (5 pieces) on the menu. If we combined two combos, that would be two different soup noodles and two different kinds of dumplings (10 pieces total) for $16.50! Sigh, fine. We ordered seaweed (#7), pan fried bun (#46), and two combos with beef noodle soup (#29), chicken noodle soup (#30), mixed dumplings (#20), and fish dumplings (#21).





Seaweed came in a small plastic container which was a surprise to me. I thought we deserved a plate at least. The flavor was nothing surprising and pretty average. The pan fried bun was good. It was crispy on the outside, soft and moist inside. The filling had pork, sea cucumber, and shrimp. The filling wasn't just a ball of all the ingredients chopped and moshed together. I personally prefer the mosh ball because the way they did it was inconsistent. Some of them had very small sea cucumbers while others were nice and chunky. Still though, it was tasty and I would order it again.

Seaweed

Pan fried bun

Inside of mixed pan fried bun

The soup noodles were solid. It was decent for the price but nothing special about it. The dumplings on the other hand was really good. The  dumpling skin was cooked throughly but still had the bouncy texture. It was too bad I wasn't a fan of the fish dumplings. The texture as a whole was lost since it was made with fish paste and there wasn't too much fish flavor either.

Beef noodle soup

Chicken noodle soup

Mixed dumpling

Inside of mixed dumpling

Fish dumpling

Inside of fish dumpling

Overall, I was glad this dumpling house existed since it was hard to find a dumpling house to begin with. If I ever crave for dumplings again, this would be my to go spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment