Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Meatzilla - Los Angeles, CA


Work wife 1 actually told me she wanted burger for lunch! Ooooo emmmmmm geeeeeee! It was my duty to find something worthy and we found Meatzilla.




I passed by Meatzilla many times on the bus and I remembered it was called Meathead. I also found "Meathead" stickers all over the place and I was wondering about it. Dude at the ordering counter told me another restaurant that was in the business longer with the same name wanted to file class action against them so they changed their name real quick.



I ordered Beef Beef with meatzza and I shared Notorious PIG and onion rings with work crew.


Beef beef was made with double Angus chunk beef patty, Muenster and American cheese, white onion, house dill pickle, and sriracha ketchup. It was huge and packed with flavors. However, I shouldn't have ordered meatzza with the burger because the sriracha ketchup totally overpowered the burger. Matter of fact, after looking through the menu, I actually had no idea what would go well with meatzza at all.



Then you flip the pizza side or you get a messy hand

Onion ring was good but I had better somewhere else nearby. Notorious PIG was built on tater tots with home made jalapeños cheese, bacon, onion, habanero salsa, sour cream and cilantro. I love the flavor but it was only good for the first 5-6 bites. After that, I was wearied by the heavy cheese taste.




Overall I was glad I finally tried the place and I would say it was an enjoyable experience. The food was hearty and the price was reasonable. Hopefully one day they would expand to have more indoor seats since it could be windy out.

1 comment: