Saturday, May 13, 2017

Seoul Sausage Little Tokyo - Los Angeles, CA


Ever since this one time slave girl told me she was having lunch at Seoul Sausage, I have been thinking about eating there. I finally convinced work wife 2 one day to go with me even though she was moaning and bitching about it due to her broken body part. It was OK because once we arrived, everything was fine and happy. I think she was just hangry.



The service was pretty shitty. We were told to sit anywhere so we did, then there was no one coming to our table to give us menu or anything for 5 min. 5 min doesn't seem long, unless you are on a work lunch and all you have is 30 min. Since I am talking about service here... Water was never refilled, I had to look for people and beg for water. That also took awhile. Then we got  mis-charged on our bill and the dude was like, "I can't refund you but I can give you the change from my own pocket," then he went on to hide in the kitchen and we never got the difference... Granted it was a small amount, I didn't wait because I was already late for work. The entire meal I did not see a smile, which was fine because guys can get pms too, I get it. The food though, literally took 25 min to come out and screwed my lunch time for real.


From the menu, we ordered pair o' balls to start. I got kalbi sausage with tots, work wife 2 got kimchi chicken bowl.



The rice balls came with 2 balls about the size of a half fist. One of them was made of cheesy kimchi fried rice with pork, and the other one was made of Japanese curry rice with beef and potato. The rice balls did not disappoint and pretty tasty.


Japanese curry rice with beef and potato, pair o balls

Kimchi fried rice with pork, pair o balls

My kalbi sausage was pretty delicious too. It was made with kalbi pork, topped with kimchi relish, garlic jalapeño aioli, and fried shallots. The portion was sad for the price charged. If I didn't get tots on the side, I would be hungry for sure after spending $8. The tots was fried beautifully.




Kimchi chicken bowl came with kimchi fried rice, sweet and spicy chicken sausage with a fried egg on top. I didn't enjoy the chicken sausage due to an unfamiliar taste and I didn't like the texture either. The fried rice was bland and somewhat disappointing compared to the rice ball.


At the end of the day, I don't think I will ever return with a mediocre food and horrible service. I would probably enjoy it more if I had it when they were just a truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment