Monday, April 10, 2017

Zensen Sushi Express - Rowland Heights, CA


Slave girl and I were in fatty mode. While we were waiting for the nearby Korean hot pot (now closed... sad) to open for dinner, we decided to try this place first because, why not?




The service was pretty good. We walked in and were lead to a open seat right away. We didn't need to bother our server too much except when we were requesting for water or asking for items to be made that weren't on the belt.


The green tea was free and meant to be made by the customers themselves. The setting reminded me Tokyo because that was how it was done there. I also like the fact I didn't have to ask for a new tea bag when the extra tea bags were right in front of me.


Since it was during non-peak time, the items on the belt didn't impress us too much. We got some items on the belt and ordered the rest from the menu.




The fish here was a little dry and it didn't taste fresh. Then we remembered most belt sushi place are famous for the rolls, not too much on sushi. After we tried some rolls, it was proven correct. I wish I could recall what I had though...







I wasn't a fan of spicy tuna handroll here either because there was a lot of rice and not enough fish. The flavor was actually disappointing.



Since we were going to dinner, we didn't go all out and try everything. Just enough to see what the restaurant was about and moved on with life. On our way out, our server offered a free desktop calendar to us and the calendar was actually really cute. I wish I had the picture to show but slave girl jacked it. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment