Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Katsuya L.A. Live - Los Angeles, CA


During DineLA, I saw Katsuya on the list and I was pretty excited about it since I have never been there and always wanted to try them. I gathered my work crew during lunch, made a reservation and we were on our way to check it out.




The restaurant was beautifully displayed. It looked impressive from the outside and even better when we got inside and saw all the little figures by the ceiling.


On the DineLA menu, it had different items for us to choose from, so I picked crispy rice with spicy tuna, miso marinated black cod, and finished with chocolate miso cake. Work crew got  sushi plate and mochi ice cream as well.


The service was super friendly. DineLA menu included free soft drinks and I wanted cherry coke. Since they didn't have it, they "made" cherry coke for me which was really nice. Then things got crappy after we got our drinks.


We all ordered our food at the same time, but I got my crispy rice with spicy tuna first while others received theirs later with a 10 minutes gap. No explanations given. Then there was another long wait for our main courses and desserts. With our dessert, work buddy's mochi ice cream came out with all mango while he ordered mango and green tea. Instead of just bringing out the green tea, they took the whole mango tray away and left him dessert less while we eating ours. Our waitress actually disappeared at some point and left us with no drinks for a very long time, especially my soda. I had to grab someone else and settled for ice tea.


Food wise, crispy rice with tuna was meh. I wasn't a fan of the flavor and that piece of jalapeños was pointless on top of the spicy tuna. Good news was the dish was edible.


Miso black cod was cooked unevenly. Some parts of the fish were overcooked and rubbery while other parts were perfectly executed. It was just bad when they had the best and the worst on the same plate.


Work crew told me the sushi was a little dry and had bunch of tendons.


Chocolate miso cake was lacking on the miso flavor. Plus, I didn't really care for sweets so it was another meh for me.


I didn't notice this until I write the review, but they actually charged us drinks even though DineLA menu said it was included. Katsuya, go suck a pair and close down already.

No comments:

Post a Comment