Monday, April 3, 2017

De Luca’s Restaurant - Whittier, CA


Friends wanted Italian food and since we were in their hood, we went with their pick. To be honest, I actually had no idea there was an Italian restaurant existed in Whittier. I mean, c'mon, it's Whittier...





The decoration of the restaurant seemed outdated, but the server was friendly and service was fast. Friends were surprised about the service because they didn't recall the service being that good. Haha.


I ordered spaghetti alla putanesca, slave girl got spaghetti and meatballs with meat sauce. We also got bruschetta to share with the table.





First we received fresh baked bread. It was warm and soft inside. The best part of the bread was its shape. From certain angle, it looked like a pair of boobies.


Our dinner came with soup or salad, I picked lentil soup. It was bland to my taste and I regretted a little.

Lentil soup

The bruschetta was refreshing but the crostini fell apart as I bite into it. Maybe the crostini was a little over baked? They also brought us fresh parmesan cheese to spread over the bruschetta.

Bruschetta

Bruschetta with cheese

My pasta dish was actually good. It was packed with garlic and olive, very bold flavor. Unfortunately, slave girl's meatballs failed. The sauce was bland and the meatballs were not seasoned. The meatball texture wasn't soft either. It was just sad.

Spaghetti alla putanesca

Spaghetti and meatballs

Overall, I enjoyed the service. The food was pretty average. It wasn't horrible but it definitely didn't wow me. I will go again if friends want to go, but probably not on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment