Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Dtla Ramen - Los Angeles, CA


Work bro was in the mood for ramen and suggested this new place near work. I saw some pictures on a review site and it looked promising. Sure why not.




The restaurant didn't have much service. We picked out what we wanted and ordered at the counter by the door before getting seated. Once seated, there were self served green tea and rooibos tea to enjoy.


I ordered spicy miso ramen with thin noodles and injected egg. I also ordered karaage on the side.



It took forever for our food to come. Apparently work bro experienced the same thing last time he came and this time the restaurant wasn't even fully loaded. They also had a mint looking thing on the table. After you put some water in it, the mint looking thing grew and turned out to be a wet napkin. How fun?!


Karaage was fried well. Crispy outside and tender inside. Very juicy in a good bite size. Only thing I didn't like was it being salty. I eat a lot of salt, and if I think it's salty, bleeet me.


The ramen noodles were good and the broth was OK. It's flavorful but not something I had to have it all the time. The spice tasted more Korean than Japanese to me but overall good. What was not good was the pork and the egg. The pork was thick with majority fat on it. The lean part was on the dryer side and there was only 1 piece in the order.


The egg was under cooked to a point egg white was dripping out. Work bro kept saying it was because the injection. Errr, this was not the first time I had injected egg and it definitely didn't look like the egg I got here. I did not like my egg one bit.


The restaurant was thoughtful and provided free hair ties and disposable aprons for customers to use. That was a nice touch even though there was no service provided in the restaurant. Since this place was close to work, I would return to try different things again and who knows, maybe I will find something I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment