Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Lu’s Garden - San Gabriel, CA


Bitch and moan, that's what I do.

Me and slave girl saw Lu's Garden got lunch special. Since I have never had lunch special here before, it sounded like a great idea.



For lunch special they got 3 items close to $10, and 4 items at $11.95. What we didn't know was regardless 3 items or 4 items, they all came on the same size plate. Very different than their dinner portion. On the sign it also said we got free rice or soup rice.

We got our 4 items and they really didn't give us much food. We picked chicken as one of our items and they literally gave us 3 pieces that had lots of bones.

While our server brought over our food, I was trying to ask her with the yelp review, if we got 1 free side dish per review since we had two people. She rudely told me "wait", walked away, did her thing then yelled back from the registry "per table". OK, you couldn't tell me while you were right at my table side, you are cool.


As our soup rice was getting empty, a server came by and asked if we needed more. Thank goodness we didn't because we found out later only first round was free and you would get charged after the first pot.

While the server was at our table, the lady asked if we wanted our bill, I said yes and she NEVER came back with the bill. I tried to get someone's attention for it but EVERY SERVERS all of sudden got so busy putting dishes away or what not, I couldn't even flag anyone over.

After waiting for 5 minutes with empty plates on the table and no bills, we decided to go to the counter and paid for it. The total was $14.90! Wtf? I thought lunch special was only $11.95. We were told because we only ordered one 4 items plate, the soup rice was only for 1 person. Since we had 2 people, even though the portion of the soup rice given was the same as one person, 2nd person got charged too. Are you farting kidding me? How come this was never told when we were ordering.

The food here was tasty since a lot of msg used, but the service was just straight out bad with an attitude. With all the hidden charges and pity portion provided, it's safe to say they can go fart themselves and never have my business again.

No comments:

Post a Comment