Monday, April 17, 2017

Bludso’s Bar & Que - Los Angeles, CA


Slave girl, slave girl's slave and I were in the area walking around and I saw this place. It was a chilling afternoon and all I wanted was some drinks and chat. After I saw the menu, I changed my mind.



How can you say no to this?

Bar area


Meat! Meat! Meat! Gimme meat! I ordered 1/4 lbs each of brisket and rib tips, a hot link, and half rack of beef short ribs. Slave girl also got banana pudding. Did I mention we already had lunch prior to the visit?




All meat came on one tray. After trying them all, it's pretty safe to say that I wouldn't order the brisket again because it was too chewy and a little dry for my taste. Hot link was dry also but had a good flavor. Most likely I won't be getting that again either. Rib tips and beef short ribs were smoky and beefy. I highly recommend those. Slave girl disagreed and told me they had too much pepper rub on them. Since I love black pepper on my food, it didn't really bother me and I gave thumbs up.

From top to bottom: brisket, hot link, beef short ribs. Top right: rib tips

I tried a bite of the banana pudding and it was overly sweet for me. Slave girl didn't really like it either but since she ordered it, she woman it up and finished the whole thing. Yick~~


The service was excellent. We were checked on constantly and never had beer shortage. Actually my first beer had a lot of head and I was offered a glass close to half pint on the side as apology. It's just too bad the BBQ didn't match to the service here.

No comments:

Post a Comment