Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Yaki Cafe - Los Angeles, CA (DTLA)


I saw Yaki Cafe on a random walk and decided to check it out. After picking up the menu, I realized it was a Korean owned eating spot that showcased American deli items and Korean rice dishes. I was very interested and wanted to try it one day.



I finally made in on a Tuesday during lunch time. The restaurant was cozy and clean, and the service was warm and welcoming.



I looked through the menu and wanted Asian food so I picked spicy pork and an order of potstickers on the side.



The potstickers were decent but I felt they could put more fillings inside, assuming they make their own potstickers. I also wished it was actually pan fried instead of deep fried since the wrap could get soggy quickly if not consumed right away.



The spicy pork came with salad and a daily soup. The soup was hearty and tasty, and it actually came with chicken inside. The pork was indeed spicy and it overpowered other seasonings used. Sadly half of the pork was somewhat dry and not something I would care to go back for.



Yaki Cafe was overall a decent experience. While I did not fully enjoyed what I got, I would still go back to try their salads and paninis since they are in a totally different category. Hopefully those will make me want to go back all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment