Thursday, October 5, 2017

Bäco Mercat - Los Angeles, CA (DTLA)


I've seen the food pictures from Baco Mercat before and was very impressed by them. Since I was meeting a friend for lunch, I thought why not to give it a try.



The restaurant was semi empty when we got there. There were outdoor and indoor seats and we picked inside because I was totally done with "the LA experience." In case you missed it, I have been bugged by the beggers everytime I sit outside and LA beggers are bunch of mean a-holes who can't take no for answers... anyway.



Since I didn't know how much my friend could eat and I wanted to try everything, I decided to go with just 3 items to share. They were the original baco, the toron baco, and the slayer coca.



The original had pork, beef carnitas, and salbitxada. It was meaty and tasty. I enjoyed it.



The toron came with oxtail hash, cheddar tater, and horseradish yogurt. This was the best among the 3 we ordered. The meat was tasty and the cheddar tater definitely elevated the baco.



The slayer was like a calzone baked together with fried egg, beef carnitas, pork belly, and salmorejo. It was delicious but I felt too many things going on with the flavors.


The food here were really good, service was also friendly. However, I disagree with the price... I meant, it is just sandwich alike after all and the total bill was $56 before tip for only 3 items. That was a bit deep for lunch. I would still take slave girl back but first, cup noodle diet time.

No comments:

Post a Comment