Friday, October 20, 2017

Round 3 Pho Noodle House - Rowland Heights, CA


My foodie friend Charlie has been asking me to check out this restaurant ever since he tried it. Well, salve girl was in my hood over the weekend so I figured it was finally time to hit up the place.



When we arrived, it was close to 3pm so there was literally no one inside. The chef/owner mom was sitting in the back chilling but I didn't know who she was until later. Our server Kat was fast and super friendly. Since it wasn't too busy, I had a chance to talk to her and found out the history of the restaurant. Apparently, the owner had 2 similar restaurants before but life events happened. She decided to close those two down and eventually opened this location, that's why it's called Round 3.


The menu was simple and it looked like they specialized in chicken. I got a beef and chicken noodle soup, and slave girl got beef combination noodle soup. Kat also told us, off the menu, the mom just made some fresh egg rolls that morning and we should try them. Well, Kat, you were awesome for suggesting it.



The egg rolls came in 6 pieces and they were HUGE. The filling was different compared to all the other egg rolls I've tasted, but in a good way. It was fulfilling and to be honest, this appetizer could be served as a meal by itself easily. If they ever have it, make sure to order them.



The beef combination noodle soup was packed with filet mignon, flank, tripe, tendons, and meatballs. The noodles broke off easily but that didn't bother us. The broth was a little different too and I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. The meatball though, oh my it was soooo good. Even though it was not made in house, I was very pleased with the taste and texture.


The beef and chicken noodle soup was a must get. It had filet mignon and dark chicken meat. Chicken broth was used in the bowl. They even took the bones out of the chicken so I didn't have to struggle while I eat. The dish also came with Hainan chicken sauce for dipping and the sauces were on point. I also enjoyed the chicken broth way more compared to the beef broth. It brought more flavor to the table especially after filet mignon settled in. It was seriously a bowl of happiness in front of me.



Overall, I don't think I could ask more from a pho restaurant. Excellent service with delicious food. I don't believe MSG was used since I didn't get the cotton mouth after, but yet still tons of flavor on the table. If you are in Rowland Heights, you are in luck.

2 comments: