Monday, October 16, 2017

Beer Belly - Los Angeles, CA (Koreatown)


Work crew and I were out on the field, we didn't really know where to go for lunch and one of them suggested Beer Belly. I have been wanting to try this place so that was an easy decision.




We got there around 2 and it was dead empty inside. We looked through the menu and decided on duck fat fries, pork belly chips, brussels sprouts, and duck cheeseburger to share. We felt like we should have one more item but wasn't really sure what to get. Our waitress suggested to get an order of wings.





I also asked for happy hour menu in case I wanted to come back and found out the price was pretty high for happy hour. Probably not worth the time since getting here wasn't easy for me. They had plenty of merchandise to sell if you become a hardcore fan of the restaurant.




Pork belly chips came first and it came with Tabasco aioli for dipping. To me it was just thick cut bacon deep fried with no addition seasoning. There was salt on them but pork belly was rather bland. I didn't care for the aioli and strangely, the more I had it, the more it tasted like strawberry yogurt.


Brussels sprouts was ok. It was pretty sweet overall and I wished garlic was used to make this dish instead of apple.


Duck fat fries was pretty cool. I could taste the duck on the first bite, but the major issue I had was once the fries got cold, the fat congealed and the fries got a little gross for me. I also dislike the sauce. I understand the concept but I just didn't like the combination of duck and raspberry mustard. Matter of fact, I liked it way more with blue cheese.


The wings weren't anything special especially after the duck fat fries. Our waitress picked her favorite flavors for us which were buffalo blue cheese and honey dijon mustard. The visual presentation of the honey dijon mustard was like a bucket of cum all... They weren't bad but I was definitely not WOWed.


Buffalo blue cheese

Honey dijon mustard

The best thing we had was the duck cheeseburger. The duck and bacon patty was perfectly mixed and I enjoyed both the flavor and the texture. I regret a little not to add a fried egg to it.


Towards to the end of the meal, our waitress kind of forgot about us and left us hanging without water while almost no one in the restaurant. I know, if I wasn't going back to work, I would totally order some beer especially when the food was cross the board sweet and heavy. Truthfully, I think the food was over hyped, well, except the duck cheeseburger. At the same time however, I don't believe I would pay $15.50 for a la carte burger again.

No comments:

Post a Comment