Thursday, July 6, 2017

Spinfish Poke House - Los Angeles


Slave girl was meeting a friend for poke, by default I volunteered my company because, well, poke. She gave me two places to pick from and I decided on Spinfish since it would be my first time.




Spinfish was cozy with modernized decoration. The staff was very friendly and doing their best to meet their customers' demands. The way to order poke here was no different than other poke shops. There was one topping that stood out, the OGO. It was some kind of seaweed but sadly I couldn't remember tasting it in my dish since everything was a big mush.




Slave girl got 5 scoops and bunch of other things for her bowl. I like her selections so I asked for the same.




In our bowl we had mostly tuna without the salmon. There were ahi tuna, albacore, spicy tuna, shrimp, and scallop. The shrimp was in normal size instead of bay shrimps and that was nice because it added good texture to the dish. Slave girl's bowl looked OK and tasted good. Mine on the other hand, tasted the same but looked like someone just vomited into my bowl then asked me to eat it. Even though the flavor was fine, the visual has damaged me for good.

*Barf* "Your lunch is ready"

Overall I enjoyed Spinfish other than the look of my food. I would return but probably not on regular basis since it was a little out of my way. Perhaps my food would look like how it tastes next time.

1 comment:

  1. very interesting post.this is my first time visit here.i found so mmany interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion..thanks for the post!
    sell my house Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete