Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Smokey Fred’s BBQ - Orange, CA


Slave girl has tried Smokey Fred's awhile back and couldn't stop talking about it ever since. Finally, I decided to just hopped in the car and drive out to see if it was amazing as she said.




We got there around 2 pm on a Sunday. Not a lot of people but most of the tables were taken. Thank goodness most people were done by the time we finished ordering.


Since there was only two of us, we decided to get Papa Flynn platter with baked beans, chili, and potato salad. I also saw beef rib was available for $12 a piece. It would be strange if I didn't order that!


Slave girl was super excited at this point because they had Cactus Cooler and that was one of her MANY favorite things in the world. For people like me who were clueless, it was a orange pineapple flavored soda and it was not available everywhere. Heck, I guess I should get one to try and it was way too sweet for me. She pretty much finished mine before the meal was over, haha.


Papa Flynn came with brisket, pulled pork, one spare rib, one baby back rib, and one sausage. The kitchen was super cool and gave us two of all the ribs we ordered to prevent us fighting each other over them. (oh yes, blood would shed, bleet me.) Unfortunately, brisket and pulled pork were kind of dry, but nothing a little bit BBQ sauce couldn't fix. The sides were pretty average, but the beans was the best among the sides we got.

Pulled pork was different...

Hot link

Baby back ribs and spare ribs

Brisket kind of dry


Beef short ribs were cooked well. The meat felt off the bone easily. The only thing I didn't like was the flavor of the ribs. It was pretty bland to me but I appreciated the double ribs.


Overall, we enjoyed it even we weren't fully satisfied with what we got. One thing for sure though, we will come back when slave girl is craving for those orange pineapple sodas again.

No comments:

Post a Comment