Monday, July 17, 2017

Slurpin' Ramen Bar - City of Industry, CA


Slave girl has been wanting to check out slurpin' ramen bar ever since it was opened in Rowland Heights. Sadly I was the pain in the butt not wanting to go because I don't care for ramen as much as she does. Finally I was in the mood and here we were.




The restaurant was located at the corner of a busy plaza. Underground parking was available but it didn't take us too much effort to find parking on the surface level. We got there around 9:30pm and there was still a line, so be prepared.


Since we had time to look at the menu before we were seated, we pretty much know what to order when it was our turn to sit. We ordered sesame chicken and we both got a regular size ramen with chashu in mild spice broth. We also had yelp check in to give us two 50 cents toppings for free, but we were able to combine them to get one 1 dollar topping instead so we both got eggs.



The sesame chicken was fried well and tasted good. I was a little concerned about how small the chunks were, but it turned out to be a good bite size as meal progressed. The radish slice was totally useless though since it was mostly used for decoration purpose. I wish it was battered and fried.


Our ramen came with the egg on the side. The broth was milky white with a lot of flavors. On top of the noodles and pork, the bowl itself didn't come with too many things except some green onions, garlic I couldn't see, one piece of dried seaweed, and black garlic oil. The noodles was al dente and the egg was made as good as it could be with a beautiful yolk. I was pretty pleased with the ramen here.


Chashu

Egg done right!

During our meal we asked the difference between chashu and fatty pork, and we also asked if it was possible to sample one piece. The staff didn't blow us off but instead, went to the kitchen to check for us. Even though we were told no, it was explained to us that fatty pork was like chashu except with 90% fat. The chashu in my bowl already had a lot of fat so I couldn't imagine how much more fat it would be on the fatty pork. Service was excellent and food was great. I am glad to find a ramen shop close to me that I actually like. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment