Saturday, July 15, 2017

Green Tomato Grill - Brea, CA


Slave girl got a Groupon deal and it was going to expire. I was hesitant to go because with a name like Green Tomato Grill, it didn't sound like somewhere I would be interested in eating. Well, I didn't think I had a choice, lol.




The restaurant was counter service, but the staff there constantly walking around the tables to collect dirty plates and making sure the restaurant looked nice and neat. Other than the counter ordering and self serving drinks, it was the same as any sit down places out there.

I didn't get his name but he's super awesome

Dessert you said...

The Groupon deal came with any two entries and any two drinks. I didn't know alcoholic drinks were included until after, but the drinks we got didn't disappoint. For entries we got spicy surf and turf bowl and ck's world famous fish tacos.



For drinks we ordered cucumber ginger mint lemonade and jalapenos mandarin lemonade. They were so refreshing and crispy. Perfect treats for a hot summer day. I personally liked the cucumber ginger mint the most. If you don't know what you like, no worries, they offer samples before you make the final decision.



The fish tacos had blackened wild ono, avocado, cabbage, carrots, cilantro and onions. It was served over grilled corn tortillas and chipotle ranch. Everything worked well together and I really love the fish being grilled instead of deep fried.


The spicy surf and turf bowl came with blackened calamari and grilled chicken sauteed with cilantro, corn, onions, snow peas and shishito peppers. It was topped with cheddar jack cheese served over white rice and habanero fire sauce. It had a good kick but yet very delicious. Only issue was the texture of the calamari and chicken being similar and I had a hard time telling what I was munching on, but overall a solid dish.


Slave girl also got a cheesecake at the end. It was too sweet for me but she really enjoyed it, especially with the free coffee from yelp check in.


I was truly surprised with the experience. The food was tasty, the drinks were refreshing, and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. I would come back even if we don't have Groupon in the future. Hopefully they will keep their standards for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment