Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Go Pocha - Los Angeles, CA


Since I moved to LA, I haven't had a chance to experience the koreantown drinking scene. Finally my shift ended early from work and I was able to go. After looking through some places with slave girl, we saw Go Pocha has happy hour from 2 to 8pm everyday (sadly happy hour rate doesn't apply to combo and specialty). Let's go!




We got there around 3:45, valet has not set up yet and there were plenty of parking spaces available. SCORE for not paying someone to park my car right in front of the restaurant.


Once inside, I was very impressed with the interior decoration. They tried to make customers feel like sitting outside with a tree decorated with fake bills in the middle of the restaurant. I don't know about you but it worked for me.


There was only one guy working and he had no problem having us seat first while waiting for the rest of my drunk crew to show up. It was a shame to see the service dropped some with a full house toward to the end of the night. For the most part though it was pretty good.


We ordered cheese corn, seaweed riceball, seafood pancake, wings, chicken gizzard, and military stew. Pro tip: they clean the fryer every Friday so no frying items (like wings) until after 6 pm on Fridays.



Before we got our food, we also got a free sizzling egg made at the table. The taste was average but the thought of doing it was just awesome.


All the food were tasty and they were perfect as drinking dishes. What really stood out was the gizzard. The gizzard I usually get are deep fried and the flavor rely heavily on the coating. The gizzard here was sautéed with garlic and pepper, so no matter how I ate it, every bite was consistently flavored.

Cheese corn

Seaweed riceball

Seafood pancake

Wings

Gizzard

Army stew

Overall I really enjoyed the food, the service, and the happy hour price. I want to go back again to try the specialty dishes for sure.

1 comment: