Monday, March 27, 2017

Ebaes - Los Angeles, CA


I found a deal for this place on Groupon and the pictures looked nice on yelp. I grabbed slave girl and purchased Groupon then headed out to Ebaes.





The moment we walked in to the restaurant, there was a strong bathroom/bar odor filled in the restaurant. It was so bad I lost my appetite a little but I must use my Groupon!



The Groupon deal includes 2 ramen orders, 4 pieces of seared salmon roll, and 4 pieces of Idaho roll. With yelp check in, we also got free ice tea. I ordered spicy tonkotsu ramen and slave girl got the original Ebaes ramen with chicken.

Free ice tea



We got the rolls first. We didn't care for the seared salmon too much because of the rubber texture. The fake crab and curcumber didn't exactly help the flavor either. It was a fail dish. To my surprise though, the Idaho roll was really good with its flavor and crunchy texture.

Idaho roll

Seared salmon roll

Her ramen broth had a good sweet coconut flavor, but the chicken was dry and miserably overcooked. My broth was spot on with good flavor but the pork failed the dish. The pork had good amount of fat but it didn't melt in my mouth. Matter of fact it was semi chewy and served lukewarm. Both ramen didn't come with eggs, and the noodles seemed to be pre-packaged in the fridge then quickly dumped in the bowl as orders came in.

Spicy tonkotsu ramen, broth was the only good thing.

Original Ebaes ramen, broth was the only good thing. Chicken was horrible.

The noodles were in a square shape when picked up.

Overall I was not too happy with the food we got. I think they really need to fix their noodles if ramen was the focus of the restaurant, the noodles were flat out bad. Return trip is very unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment