Sunday, March 26, 2017

Roasting Water - Long Beach, CA


I don't usually go to places that sells drinks unless it's a bikini espresso stand, but this place caught my attention with a line in a cold day.





The store was designed to attract female customers with lots of cute mugs and cups, but the display also served as major tease. You can look at them, admire them, take lots of pictures with them, but you can't buy them. You definitely can not take them home since they are hard glued to the table/shelf. How did I know? Don't worry about it.



They provide glass bottles for all their drinks with different print designs on the outside of the bottle. Best yet, not crappy design and actually presentable. After the drinks are finished, the bottle can be reused for your own in home decoration. Best part is the price still reasonable even with glass bottles; bad part is the recycle guy will not take your glass since it doesn't say CA CASH VAL on it.


Most interesting thing to see was after they made my drink, I got to watch them trying to pack ice inside the little bottle, then filling it up from a pitcher into the little bottle. It's like observing a chemist in the lab, cool stuff.


Side story here. I found my drink too sweet for my taste (as if you have been reading my blog, I don't usually go for sweet stuff), so I went back inside asking for water so I could dilute my drink. The guy at the counter didn't say no, but didn't say yes either. He just looked at me, then looked at the guy in charge. It was like they have a policy of not giving out water to customers. After I explained why I needed it, the boss man got me a cup of  ice cold water. It was just strange to me.

Army of bottles

I would go back only if I am in the area with slave girl begging, but it wasn't something amazing that I have to go out of my way for. However, if you want to impress a girl on a date, bring her here.

No comments:

Post a Comment