Monday, March 6, 2017

OB Bear - Los Angeles, CA


Work bro has been raving about this place for their wings to me for awhile.  Since slave girl and crew were already in Korean town with me, I convinced them to stop by so I could finally try it.




The place was packed and the wait was about half hour long around 8pm on a Friday night. We were finally seated on the 2nd floor. Now, I don't know if there was any difference, but I felt 2nd floor = 2nd grade citizens. Service almost didn't exist and I couldn't get anyone for anything. Good thing the food was not as lousy as the service and we got a plate of free wasabi peas to munch on.


We ordered wings and spicy rice cake.



The spicy rice cake was meh. It was just steamed rice cake coated with Korean spicy red sauce. It was pretty spicy but also overly sweet at the same time.


The chicken wing though, it was done extremely well and totally lived up the hype. Outside of the wing was fried to crisp with mild spiciness while inside of the wing remained tender and juicy. It was everything I wanted in a wing. Our wings weren't covered by glazing sauce like most Korean chicken wings. Not sure if it was because ours weren't spicy enough for the sauce or that's just the style of OB Bear. Either way, I dig them.


Must go back again for more wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment