Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Yangji Gamjatang - Los Angeles, CA


I was in the mood for Korean food during lunch time and I saw on yelp this place has army stew. I never had it before and yelp reviews were talking about it like it's their specialty and super amazing and yada yada. I was sold right away!




I dragged slave girl driving over 20 minutes all the way from work to ktown, parked and rushed into the restaurant because yelpers said the wait time is usually long. To my surprise, there was barely anyone inside during lunch hour and I was thinking, ha, what wait time were those yelpers talking about? I ordered the army stew for 2 then checking in on yelp...

SON OF A BEEEEEEE... I was at the wrong place!!! The review I saw was for next door...





Well brown dodo, since I already ordered, might as well enjoy it. Yelp check in got us 2 free soft drinks. In terms of the flavor for the army stew, since I've never had it before, I couldn't tell you if it was good or bad. But with the amount of spams and hot dogs we got, I didn't think it was worth the money. The broth was salty and the boiled chicken was dry. Overall experience was not a total disappointment thanks to the cheese over instant noodle, but overall it was meh.

Truly, I could make it at home for less money with better ingredients.



If I ever come back, I would probably order gamjatang since it's part of the restaurant name. Who knows, maybe I will fall in love with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment