Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Palm’s Thai Restaurant - Los Angeles, CA


I was craving Thai food for lunch and work bro suggested one of his favorite Thai places for me to try in East Hollywood.





When we walked in, I was pretty surprised by how big the place was, I was even more surprised to see a statue of Elvis in the restaurant. Later on slave girl told me they have Thai Elvis show on weekend evenings. Gah, no love for lunch time.


We had four dudes in the group so we decided on family style. Each of us picked a dish and we got chicken pineapple fried rice, palm's Thai seafood soup, lunch special portion of chicken pad see ew and tofu red curry.







It was my first time eating chicken pineapple fried rice and I actually enjoyed it. It had chicken, pineapple, egg, raisin, green onion, and cashew nuts covered with yellow curry powder. It tasted a bit too sweet for me but overall good flavor. The only sad part was the chicken being super dry, I am guessing it would probably be better with shrimp. The chicken was also dry and tough on the pad see ew we ordered.

Chicken pineapple fried rice
Chicken pad see ew

Seafood soup was decent with lots of seafood goodies inside, but it was lacking on spiciness. The tofu red curry was not very memorable other than being too sweet.

Thai seafood soup
Tofu red curry

Matter of fact, everything we had was on the sweeter side. I am not sure if that's just how Thai cuisine works or they are trying to adopt to the American taste bud; but compared it to most of the Thai restaurants I've been to, this place was definitely sugar heavy.


Mixed plate of everything

The service wasn't too impressive either and food was just OK. I think people love this place for the Thai Elvis show, not really here for food. Well, if you must come, stay away from ordering chicken, I warned you.

No comments:

Post a Comment