Sunday, February 26, 2017

Seongbukdong - Los Angeles, CA


It was dark, cold, and raining outside. I told slave girl I wanted something warm, something soupy, and something Korean. I know, it's random as hell but that's just how we roll.





We went to Seong Buk Dong without realizing we've been there before. Since I couldn't really recall our first time, I am pretty sure we ordered the same thing again without realizing it either.



We got Seong Buk Dong style beef soup, bibimbap served in a sizzling hot stone pot with beef & egg. The side dishes came first and they were pretty average and tasted just ok.


Beef soup was different compared to the most beef soup place. The soup here had more vegetables in the stew but flavor wasn't really woahing. Bibimbap was also average without surprise.



Side soup of bibimbap

Overall, the food was decent but I can easily reproduce them at home. So if you are into home cooked comfort food, this would be your spot. If you are looking for the next level experience, you may want to skip this place.


No comments:

Post a Comment