Friday, February 24, 2017

Wood Spoon - Los Angeles, CA


I passed by Wood Spoon during my lunch adventure. The place looked cozy and it was in a reasonable distance so I brought along work wife 2 to check this place out.




The interior of the restaurant was cute with a lot of random things to keep my eyes busy. I was mostly surprised by the water they served. Unlike most places using lemon slices, there was a cinnamon stick inside the water jar. I found it refreshing but the taste could be offensive to some.


We ordered mix plate, chicken pot pie, and pasta special.



Mix plate was great because we got to try 70% of the appetizers on the menu. It included coxinha (popular street food made with chicken), potato croquette (fried potato ball), pastel Portuguese (dumplings stuffed with shrimp and coconut sauce), kibe (bulgur wheat, mint and ground beef), and bolinho (fried cod ball). They were all very good but potato croquette and kibe were most favorable.



Pasta special was made with sausage. It wasn't salty but had the same effect of corned beef mixing with rice, yum. Even though it was a bit pricey for the portion, it was definitely a winner and should be left on the menu as regular item.


Chicken pot pie... I hate to say it but I was actually not impressed at all. I ordered it because I wanted to see what made this chicken pot pie Brazilian. Other than chicken, it came with hearts of palm, olives, and roasted corn. Unfortunately to me, all the textures and flavors were lost due to heavy cream. I would probably suggest to avoid this dish unless you are in a quest of eating every existing chicken pot pies out there.



Overall experience was great. Service was fast and friendly. Food in general was tasty. It was refreshing to actually try Brazilian food that was not BBQ. I would return to try more.


No comments:

Post a Comment