Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Little Highness Bao - Rowland Heights, CA


Warning: angry fatty.

I have been eyeballing this place even before it opened its door, but strange enough I actually didn't go after they opened until recently.





I think the place is mainly for take out due to the small seating area they have set up. When I walked in, I just saw a wall of menu in Chinese. However, do not use that wall to order because it is not current. Use the actual paper menu, it even has English on it.



I ordered 4 buns because that's the minimum order according to the cashier. I didn't want to buy 4 of the same thing but they were willing to mix the order so I got beef buns and green bean & braised pork buns. I gotta say I did not enjoy what I got.



With the beef bun, the beef was salty and they were definitely cheap on the meat filling. I could fit at least 3 fingers into my bun with the filling inside if I tried. With the green bean & braised pork bun, I got 95% green beans and 5% pork, again with a lot of room to fill and it was salty.

Beef bun

Green bean & braised pork bun

I am no bun expert, but I think the Koreans in Diamond Bar got the bun making idea down. I noticed beef noodle soup is also served here. I will give this place one more try before they got written off for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment