Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Anarbagh - Encino, CA


Work bro and I were on a lunch adventure and he saw this restaurant. It has been couple of years since I had Indian food so I was all in on this.



The menu was pretty big and required a lot of reading, then I realized there was a section for lunch special. Woohoo! Lunch special it was. I knew I wanted lamb but I didn't know which style I wanted it with, so I asked the server for recommendations and he actually suggested lamb with potatoes and that wasn't even on the menu. Wooooooo, secret menu...



First we got some complimentary cracker to eat with 3 different sauces. The cracker was already seasoned and crispy. I liked it on its own but the sauces enriched the flavor.



Followed with lentil soup. Even though there was no meat in the soup, it was flavorful with an earthy taste.



The lamb and potatoes were DELICIOUS! The lamb was well cooked and the curry delivered a good punch. Lunch special came with either rice or naan bread. I got both because work bro was on some kind of diet that didn't allow him to eat carbs. Yay for me. For the sake of curry, it really should be consumed with rice. However, that buttery tasting naan bread was so good I didn't miss rice at all.



Overall I liked this place. The food was good, but the service was a little awkward. The server kept coming to the table and trying to take the plates while we had food on it. The price was high for Indian food, even with lunch special. But don't let that stop you because you really should try the food yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment