Thursday, September 7, 2017

Rosie’s BBQ & Grillery - Los Angeles, CA


Work bros and I were in the area and since one of them were on the no carb diet, I thought it would be a good idea to have BBQ for lunch. After some searching around, Rosie's looked promising and that was what we settled on.





Parking was easy and the restaurant was very spacious. They had a sizable salad bar in the middle of the restaurant for their all you can eat salad at $10.95. To be honest, this was not what I had in mind when I went to a BBQ restaurant. I meant, I didn't even smell the BBQ smoke inside or outside of the restaurant.


AYCE salad bar

After looking through the menu, I realized I really wanted to have beef rib but it was no where to be found on the lunch special menu. I figured the best way to sample most of the meat  was to order the petite sampler, with a smoked sausage on the side.






The complimentary bread was actually amazing. It was coated with butter and garlic, then dressed with chopped cilantro. It was warm and soft, very tasty.


Spicy and regular BBQ sauce, tasted ok

The petite sampler came with 1/4 chicken, 2 baby back, 1 beef rib, and 2 sides. For sides I picked beans and potato salad. They weren't bad but I didn't really care for it. The beef rib was mostly bones and didn't have much flavor to it. The baby back had similar texture as the beef rib which was on the drier side. Again not much flavor. The chicken was OK in texture but as soon the skin was off, the whole thing was bland. I was not trying to be negative about the plate, but I really felt the whole plate was re-heated from microwave and reminded me the food from college cafeteria.

The petite sampler

Beef rib

Pork short ribs

Chicken

To my surprise, the sausage was actually tasty and juicy compared to the plate I got.



The service was really good until almost to the end of our meal. After we finished eating, we weren't offered a bill from our server for a good 10 minutes without any water refill. I actually had to go to the front counter to get our bill since our server was no where to be found. With a pricey menu like Rosie's, I would probably return only if I am in the mood for AYCE salad bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment