Thursday, August 31, 2017

PASTA e PASTA by Allegro - Los Angeles, CA


Ever since they opened, I have been eyeballing this place but every time when I was ready to go, the thought of post-pasta-meal coma prevented me from going. Finally in the name of ex work wife 0.5, I made it there for a lunch gathering while she pulled a no show... It was OK, I got slave girl and work wife 2 with me.



Parking was horrible during lunch time in the small parking lot at the plaza. With validation, it would still cost us $2, grrrrrr. Inside the restaurant was pretty nice. There were bar seats in the front and tables in the back.


The menu wasn't huge, 2 pages of food and 2 pages of beverages. Lunch menu was also available. Me and slave girl got uni pasta and mentai Japanese cream, while ww2 ordered beef ragu sauce spaghetti.








The meal came with salad and bread first, nothing exciting here.



Personally I felt uni pasta was over hyped. It came with uni cream and fresh uni on top. I could taste the uni in the pasta but it was too light. The sauce wasn't creamy enough and overall a bland dish that left me with disappointment. I wouldn't recommend ordering this.


Tiny uni...

Beef ragu was good. The sauce was made with beef, onion, and tomato. It was tasty and it didn't have that heavy acidic taste. The only downside was the beef. Some pieces were a little dry but overall an enjoyable dish.


Mentai Japanese cream was a huge hit for me. This dish came with Japanese style cream (whatever that means), cod roe and mushrooms. For something that was on the cheaper side, it was heavy on the flavor and rich in texture. The pasta was al dente, mushrooms were soft, along with cod roe popping in my mouth, oh my, I was fully satisfied.


The service was decent. Our water was never empty and staff were very polite and friendly. Even though the menu was hit or miss, I would like to come back to try the basil sauce with shrimp and potatoes next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment