Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Gombo Wang Korean Restaurant - Artesia, CA


I was meeting my dear friend for dinner and since she was local, I thought it would be a good idea for her to pick a place. Well, Gombo Wang it was!



After we were seated, friend told me the restaurant was famous for their cold noodles so I didn't even need to bother looking at the menu. Two big bowls of buckwheat noodles in cold broth please.



The noodles came with buckwheat noodles, sliced radishes, sliced cucumbers, couple sliced beef, and one half boiled egg. The broth was full of flavor but the beef was bland and chewy. I heard they usually use sliced pears too but not the day I was there. Friend also showed me to add hot mustard and vinegar to bring more flavors to the dish. Overall it was pretty good for what it was.


They can cut the noodles for you

Beef was bland and thin

The only issue I had was this dish didn't hold in my stomach well. After about 2 hours I was hungry again as if I didn't eat anything at all. The restaurant also served a hot savory broth instead of tea when we were seated, and it reminded me the taste of cup noodles. Maybe that was what used. Either way, it was an experience but not everyday eat for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment