Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Tortas El Jefazo - Los Angeles, CA (DTLA)


While I was sad about LP Coffee closed for good, work bro told me a cheap torta stand opened up right by that area. Hell, I am all about cheap morning eats. Let's go.


The stand was located on 11th in between Main and Los Angeles. I have no idea about their hours of operation, but for sure Monday to Friday from 7am to at least 8:30am. If you know for sure, please let me know.

Work bro said he tried all the items already and the best was milanesa de res. That was what I ordered.

Sadly, due to language barrier, I didn't get milanesa de res. I got jamon con huevo (ham and eggs) instead... For $3 a piece, I wasn't going to complain and tried it anyway. It was delicious especially with a layer of beans on the bread. The star of the order was the hot sauce on the side. It was smoky and packed with flavors. It could probably go well with anything to be honest.



Some other day later, I went back and got my milanesa de res. It was indeed way better than the ham and eggs. It came with lettuce, onion, jalapeno, and a piece of avocado. By default they used mayo to make it smoother, but I was able to get beans instead with no extra charge. You can't go wrong with this place!



Overall I was more than pleased. Friendly service and tasty cheap street food. I would be going back over and over for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment