Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Industriel - Los Angeles, CA (DTLA)


This year for DineLA, we picked 8 spots to try, and this was our first stop. They pretty much had me at "war pig", and really, who could say no to that?




The restaurant didn't look all that amazing outside until we walked in. The first thing that caught my eyes was the honey bottles hanging over a bathtub. It was visually stunning and set the tone for the restaurant.



Since we were here for DineLA, I got the kale salad and war pig. The regular menu looked equally good though, things like pulled lamb ragu would be what I come back for.



The kale salad came with bacon, panko, anchovies, parmesan with roasted garlic bacon dressing. I only saw one single anchovy but it was pre marinated with a lot of flavors. The salad was delicious already with the dressing, but eating with the anchovy in one bite was definitely one of the best salad I had in the recent days.


The war pig had honey whiskey smoked pork, burrata, parmesan, feta, and grain mustard all packed in between sourdoughs. It was tasty and not overly greasy. The picked jalapenos on the side was spicy and added a good kick to the sandwich. I just wished the sandwich had a little more crunchiness to it, but it was a good sandwich.


Overall I enjoyed the food here a lot. The service was good at the beginning, but as the restaurant got busy, we stopped getting water refill. Still, I was able to flag someone over for it so it wasn't too much of a big deal. I would come back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment